Thursday, October 11, 2018

Just Sayin’-Juniper Publishers



It is clear that Hari is speaking here not just of intimate human bonds of attachment and affection, although these are central to his argument. People are also connected to one another, to their society, to families, neighborhoods, organizations, to their nation, to a sense of meaning and purpose, to a higher calling and sense of how they “fit” in the world. A sense of connectedness is relational, motivating, and deeply spiritual. It is inherent in the ways we are built as social beings. All these meanings flashed in front of me as I heard that pregnant phrase, and it sent me on my own journey of revisioning addiction for myself, my clients, and my students. This new frame of reference liberated me to explore.


No comments:

Post a Comment

An Investigation on Psychosocial Factors Impacting Frailty in Older Adults: A Case of Singapore - Juniper Publishers

 Online Journal of Public Health - Juniper Publishers Abstract Background Frailty is a geriatric syndrome of increased vulnerability ...